Got an idea for an online project, or already have a completed web series you’re sitting on? What will you do with it so that it actually gets seen? Whether you’re looking to get your project seen by an audience online, make money with your web series, or just make something really good so it will get you noticed – this course is the step by step guide to do online distribution right.
Learn how Annoying Orange did it: 1.4 Billion views, 2.5M subscribers, $300K ad revenue 2010, Cartoon Network Deal 2012
CreatorUp! Course Finishers
CreatorUp! Course Finishers – Shilipi Roy’s web series “Hipsterhood” Ep #1 hit 10K views – hipsterhoodseries.com
as seen on USA Today, Huffington Post
How to Distribute and Cash In on Your Web Series
INTRODUCTION: How to distribute and monetize your web series effectively?
CHAPTER ONE: MAKE YOUR WEB SERIES DISTRIBUTION BATTLE PLAN
- 1. What are my goals for this show?
- 2. What are the myths and basics of web distribution?
- 3. What are some examples of successfully distributed web series?
- 4. How many episodes do I need, and how long should they be?
- 5. How do I design my production and distribution plan?
CHAPTER TWO: PRE-BUILDING YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU LAUNCH
- 1. Why is pre-building my audience important?
- 2. Should a brand or company fund or distribute it?
- 3. Should I do the Kickstarter thing?
- 4. What are some non-money ways to pre-build audience?
- 5. How else do I prepare to market and distribute it later?
CHAPTER THREE: PICKING THE BEST DISTRIBUTION PLATFORMS
- 1. Who is my audience, and where are they?
- 2. Which distribution platforms should I use?
- 3. Why is timing important to build audience?
- 4. Why social media is another form of distribution?
- 5. How to cross-promote with blogs and other sources?
CHAPTER FOUR: LAUNCHING THE ROCKET
- 1. Why is choosing a premiere date and a live event important?
- 2. Why is a show website (even a tumblr) invaluable?
- 3. How do I get people to watch it?
- 4. How do I get more more people to watch so that it grows?
- 5. Will I actually make any money off of this thing?
BONUS: Networks, branding, more revenue streams, and new seasons
This program demystifies the potentially overwhelming endeavor of distributing a quality webisode that might actually grow legs.
Amani, actress Los Angeles preparing to distribute her first web series
CreatorUp lets you learn from other people’s mistakes and tells you the ‘right way’ to do a web series so that you’re using your time and energy most efficiently.
Shilpi Roy, Hipsterhood creator
The tutorials have demystified the web series process. We have a great product in our hands but we weren’t web series savvy and were unsure how to release it. CreatorUp gave us the knowledge and “how to” to feel confident and prepared releasing our show. We know that it is going to find the audience it was made for. Thank you Mike!
Lauren De Long & Tiffany Anne Price (The Craft Ladies)