Creating the Outline
- Write scenes down as bullet points, use post it notes as scenes, or pin scene card to a bulletin board
- Build the major beats (turning points) as sign posts of your story
- Episode one goals: establish the rules of the road, introduce your characters, and establish character goals
- Establish a point of entry for your audience, how can they understand the rules of the road?
- Which point of view will you use to tell your story?
- Each character goal deserves its own storyline
- Draw out your “A” Story (Main story), “B” Story (side story), and “C” Story (peripheral story)
- Outline your web series with scenes.
- Label your scenes with the corresponding storylines “A” “B” or “C”.
- Make sure your storylines match up with your character goals.